Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Things First! Introducing the Halo Scale and More

Hello my fellow foodies!  I've always believed that Food Critics had the best career of all times!!  To have the honor of being the spokes person for many different restaurants, cafes, bistros, etc., the gift of travel to sample all different types of delicious eateries and all they have to do in return is write a review for us, the ones who can only drool at the pictures of the amazing foods tasted by the critic and based off of his or her review hope to travel to that restaurant or bistro or cafe one day to have a taste for ourselves!

Well, I just couldn't take anymore so I thought I too can be a food critic, taste all of the many different delicious treats available and review them ..  I'll just have to make them myself! So this is exactly what I'll do!  I am Gwendolyn Jones, Owner of Heavenly Sweets Bakery, Lover of all things delicious and I'm excited to introduce to you my blog, "Heavenly or Not so Heavenly:  An HSB Recipe Review!"  Have you ever read a Recipe and thought man this looks delicious, I'm going to try it .. then you either file it away or, if you're like me, you go out and buy all of the ingredients necessary complete the recipe, take the time to make it, sit down to taste it and you're either delighted or disappointed!  If the recipe is delightful, it's great, you mark the recipe as good and file it in your favorite cookbook or journal, but if you're disappointed and the recipe doesn't really taste as good as it looked in the picture, you're upset b/c you've not only wasted time making the dish, but you've also wasted money buying the ingredients!  I feel your pain and I'm coming to your rescue!  I usually follow the recipe as it the first time, then tweak it and change it accordingly!   But you don't have to, b/c i'll complete the first step for you and tell you how to make it even better (if necessary), in my review, what you make at home should be perfect ... the first time you make it!

The Review

Once or Twice a month I'm going to pick a recipe, (Disclaimer: these recipes are found via the internet, magazines or cookbooks and are not property of Heavenly Sweets Bakery, we will make the item by following the recipe as written and taste to write the review.) make it and taste it.  I'll then post the recipe and teach you step buy step how to make it, but I won't stop there, I'll write a review about how delicious (Heavenly or not so Heavenly) this item is.  I'll rate the recipe on the "Halo Scale" (0 = not so heavenly to 10 = Heavenly), and I'll write about how easy or not so easy it was to make the dish, I'll add in things that I think were left out of the instructions, (some recipes assume you're just supposed to know - Not Helpful at all) and some things that I think could make it better,  if it's not perfect as is!  I'm going to work out all of the kinks for you so when you make it, it'll be delicious as is!  No wasted time or Money!

But Wait There's More ...

Don't just take my word for it!  I've put together a team of wonderful people that have great personalities and are also lovers of all things delicious!  They have agreed to taste the completed recipe item, rate it, using the Halo Scale and write a review with their ideas about what they liked and disliked about the recipe.  They are full of personality and will "tell it like it is" So be prepared to laugh as you read these reviews ... Let's meet the Team!

Introducing Members of the "Clean Plate Club" Our HSB Recipe Reviewers at Your Service: 

Meet Mr. Jones aka "Sunshine"

Mr. Jones is my dear husband (My Sunshine) and co-owner of Heavenly Sweets Bakery!  He's also probably my worst critic!  He was my original taste tester and continues to be the one to test and approve all of my recipes before we ever offer them to anyone else!  I can count on him to tell me the truth, so I know he'll do the same for you.  He loves music, food, family and fun and I'm excited that now he can critique other recipes besides my own! ;-)


Meet Anastasia, the "Food Whisperer"


The picture says it all!  She says, "This captures the essence of my deep relationship with tastiness. You can just call me "The Food Whisperer."  A native of Southern Mississippi, Anastasia is an amazing cook herself and definitely a fellow lover of all things delicious!  She's full of personality and is sure to give you her honest opinion about the recipe and also provide great baking tips that I know you'll enjoy!



Meet Parteek Singla:


Parteek has a great personality .. again the picture says it all!  He knows good food when he tastes it and is sure to keep you laughing and will not hold back his honost opinion!  Look out for this guy, you never know what he'll say!  

Meet Nandita Rao:


Nandita is a lovely addition to our team!  She's full of fun and says that she Loves food!  She jumped at the opportunity to be an HSB taste tester and actually coined the phrase, "The Clean Plate Club" Look forward to her great personality and interesting tips/twists that she likes to add to recipes tasted in her review.

Stay tuned .. Great Reviews are on their way!  

Happy Baking!!


Gwendolyn Jones and the Clean Plate Club


www.heavenlysweetsbakery.com

Like us on Facebook: 
https://www.facebook.com/CustomCreations.HSB

Follow Us on Twitter:
@TheCakeLady_HSB

Follow us on Pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/thecakeladyhsb/


Pin It Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment